• Online Checklist Assessment • Comparative Database* • Indicative Scoring
Best Practices for the Hedge Fund Industry
INCORPORATING ALL THE RECOMMENDATIONS CONTAINED IN THE U.S. GOVERNMENT'S REPORT OF THE ASSET MANAGERS' COMMITTEE TO THE PRESIDENT'S WORKING GROUP (PWG)
PWG TechCheck is a scored self-assessment tool for asset managers based on the guidelines set forth in the Best Practices Report issued by the Asset Managers' Committee to the President's Working Group (PWG) on Financial Markets. Complete PWG TechCheck and see clearly how your hedge fund group stacks up!
Who should use the PWG TechCheck?
- Hedge Fund Groups (Compliance, Marketing, Legal)
for self-assessment purposes and to demonstrate compliance for your investors!
- Investors and Fund of Funds - make sure the firms you
are considering investing in meet the guidelines!
- Industry Consultants - a great tool for evaluating
Does the PWG TechCheck cover all the areas of the PWG report?
Yes! Self-assess in all five areas:
- Disclosure and Investor Protection
- Risk Management
- Trading and Business Operations
- Compliance, Conflicts and Business Practices
By answering scoring yourself in each area on a scale of 1-5, and adding your comments and documents to each response, PWG TechCheck will enable you to examine in detail how compliant your organization is with all the principles set forth in the PWG Report.
By using PWG TechCheck, you can carry out five important tasks:
- Mark areas for follow-up
- Generate Indicative Scoring – showcase your average score in each Section
- Create a final PDF report showing all your scores and answers to PWG TechCheck
- * Compare your final report answers to a database of prior responders, based on your “category” type (fund type/assets under management/type of investment adviser). Our unique database comparison feature allows you to assess your standing among comparables by seeing how your final answers compare to other asset managers in the same category. (Note: Comparison may not be currently available for all peer groups.)
- Upload documents, comment and utilize PWG TechCheck as a compliance and due diligence tool during the one year log-on period
Hyperlinks to the relevant portions of the PWG Report are provided, as well as hyperlinks to all other referenced documents.
Pricing: $100 per user for a year. Pay by credit card or contact us for alternative payment methods. No refunds.
register now »
Does your hedge fund group meet the standards set out in the President's Working Group (PWG) Report?
Utilize the PWG TechCheck to systematically reveal your degree of compliance.
With each log-in that you purchase, you get 1 year to utilize the PWG TechCheck - when you are done, you will have a complete evaluation of your hedge fund organization!
Customization available for fund-of-fund groups or multi-users. Add your own questions to our PWG TechCheck! Call us for group rates.
Your Privacy is Important to Us: During the time that you are working on PWG TechCheck, your data (including your log-in information and your responses to questions on the PWG TechCheck) will be stored on servers maintained by Delta Business Services ("Delta"), the IT provider to JG Advisory Services. During the time you are working on PWG TechCheck, this data will not be stored on an anonymous basis. Delta maintains industry-standard secure access firewalls and password protection. JG Advisory Services and Delta will not share your information with anyone except as required by law, or with your written permission. Once you have completed PWG TechCheck, your log-in information will be deleted from the Delta servers, except to the extent that "category" information (i.e., fund type, dollar amount under management, and advisor type) will continue to be associated with your data. At such time, or at such other date as JG Advisory Services designates, users of the Checklist will be able to review their responses against comparison information maintained in our database and such data will be based upon your responses, as well as other prior users (all maintained, as stated above, on an anonymous basis). If you wish to opt-out of this database, please contact JG Advisory Services.
A Note About Scoring:
Scoring is indicative only. An average score is generated by PWG TechCheck based on responses given by the user. Questions have been weighted by JG Advisory to take into account varying degrees of importance and the average score is computed utilizing such weights. JG Advisory does not score, review or otherwise evaluate responses given by users. Scoring should be used as a guideline only and not as the sole method of evaluating a fund or adviser. Scoring should be reviewed taking into account any comments made by the user or any associated documents. See "Terms and Conditions of Use" for all applicable terms and conditions.